Thursday, 9 February 2012

Freeze on the moped

My Vespa
When my English teacher, RD, asked me to write about the sensations I feel when coming back home from work, I immediately thought about the sensations I have when going on my moped.

There is one special point about going through the city on a moped —it is something that I experience, at least. On many occasions, when I ride my moped, "smells of the city" come into my helmet, and stay there for a while before leaving. Yes! It sounds strange, but it is true.

For example, you are driving through the city and you pass near a pizza restaurant. Then, a smell of pizza comes into your helmet and remains there for some time, maybe half a minute. Other times it is an unexpected smell —other food or cooking smells, smoke from cigars... Sometimes they are pleasant, sometimes they aren't.

But today the most intense sensation when travelling on my moped was the bitter cold!! It was bitterly cold today. Riding a moped is more comfortable than people usually think. It is fast, easy, and you don't get as cold as people would imagine, precisely because you usually wrap up more, with a neck tube or other kind of scarfs, gloves, and so on.

But today it was quite cold. I felt the cold mainly in my hands and in my legs.

Wow... It is hard trying to write down in English just what you would like to write in Spanish... I hope that RD helps me to improve and enrich this post! Changes will be highlighted with this purple colour background.

No comments:

Post a Comment